-
June 13th, 2004, 05:04 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Hi everybody. I want to buy a wide-angle lense.
I have an Elmo 1012S-XL with a 7.5mm-75mm macro-zoom lense.
Basically, i need a wider anglelense basically. What i need to know is.. what do i need to know to get a lense, can someone tell me about what lenses will fit my camera. When i go to look for a lense what "SIZE" do i look for.
ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
-
June 13th, 2004, 05:40 AM
#2
HB Forum Moderator
The simplest solution revolves around the camera having a macro setting while the camera is in the wide angle mode. This allows you to use a screw on wide angle lens such as a Eumig PMA or the Nizo ultrawide series.
However, I am not sure if the Elmo Macro works in the wide angle mode. Can you tell us?
-
June 14th, 2004, 01:34 AM
#3
Inactive Member
acctually no, i cannot use the macro option in wide-angle. The macro has it's own section on the zoom ring. it goes from 7.5 to 75, and then you gotta lift up this pin and proceed into the macro section.
-
June 15th, 2004, 01:05 AM
#4
HB Forum Moderator
Your best bet will be to find a .5 , .7 or .8 wide angle adapter. What this will do is reduce the overal zoom range by a factor of either .5 or .7 or .8.
So what that would mean is you would multiply your zoom range by .5 or .7, or .8. So your 7.5 to 75 would be multipled by either .5, .7, or .8 to get your new zoom range.
I can't give you an exact lens to look for but check on Ebay via the search function.
-
June 15th, 2004, 01:11 AM
#5
HB Forum Moderator
I found one. notice the word "converter" is used.
Lens convertor, or converter???
Here is a link, but this particular one may be too small for your camera..7 lens converter
-
June 18th, 2004, 11:41 PM
#6
Inactive Member
thanks for the help. that's an expensive thing. would that require the buying of another lense?
-
June 20th, 2004, 03:20 PM
#7
HB Forum Moderator
I believe the converter screws onto the front of your lens. Some converters are called "zoom throughs", meaning you can zoom through to telephoto without losing focus, other convertors don't allow a complete zoom through without losing focus.
Also, I'm not sure, but I thing the focusing guide on your existing lens won't be as accurate when you attach a converter. So if you are five feet away from an object and set focus to five feet when the lens convertor is attached, you may find your focus needs to be set to a different setting.
I hope you find one at a good price.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks